These are photos I took of my sister over the summer. I only have an interest in photography and haven't ever taken an actual photo class, but I think the lighting in the first photo is interesting. Also, I like the composition of my second photo.

The top photo is one I took of my sister while my family and I was in San Diego. I love the interesting background and rhythm in this photo, so I decided to recreate it in colored pencils in 9th grade. Looking at it now, I realize that the shadows and form on my sister's arm could be improved and I could always add some detail to the dolls.
This is from 11th grade and watercolor has since been my least favorite medium. Maybe one day in the near future I'll try to do something with watercolors again. Maybe.
This is from 9th grade and not one of my favorite pieces at all. Still, I think it shows I've become better at using oil pastels. (While I was working on this piece, I thought the only way to blend colors was by smudging with my fingers. Rookie mistake.)
When I saw the photo in the sunlight, I thought the background was a lake at first - since everything seemed to be rippling, and now that I think about it, maybe it could be. You could draw over it, maybe with some patterns found in oceans or lakes, because the lighting is really beautiful and makes you think of sunsets on cold, wintry days.
ReplyDelete