Friday, November 27, 2009

figure drawings from last week.


The four pieces above were all quick 10-30 seconds or one minute gestures. I'm happy with a few of the figures but some of them are really bad. The second image shown above is a true disaster. The model was moving in slow motion and I just couldn't get the hang of drawing a moving figure.
I was sitting directly to the left of the model so this whole piece had extreme foreshadowing. I think her body needs to be clarified a bit.



I started on the red paper and realized halfway through that I made her body way too small so then I started over (above) on white paper. I'm very unhappy with the way her face looks and actually with the way everything else looks. DON'T JUDGE ME; I'M NOT GOOD AT FIGURE DRAWINGS!

2 comments:

  1. the last one looks great! the only thing that looks a little out of proportion is the foot crossing under. for someone who is "not good at figure drawings" these are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about people "Judging" you have a lot to be proud of here. You used a CONFIDENT LINE, took on COLOR, drew THROUGH the figure :) All very good things. Especially for your 2nd time out! Great Job! In fact I hope to see more drawing from life when we get back. I am seeing a TON of GROWTH! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete